Real Time, Set in Motion

Posted by Lady Mel On Monday, October 19, 2009 0 comments


I've changed in the last twelve hours. I just woke up from a constant dream in my head and I think it pretty much left this dimension. I've decided to create an "End of Year" term plan. I seriously cringe at the thought of producing a year long term plan for my career for two obvious reasons.

First, life is unpredictable. Secondly, I like reaching small, obtainable goals. Like exercising at least 3 times a week for 45 minutes or drinking water 8 times a day. Those are simple, realistic goals, but those are NOT the goals that I want to reach right now because I hate exercising and I am obsessed with soft drinks right now. I drink water from time to time, but I am not a big water fan.

I have starting this measure to plan out my life more clearly and deliberately. I am getting out of this house and this is like my ticket out. The more I think myself as an old, pitiful 30 year old man (not a guy but you know the stereotype) living in the basement of  his mom's and dad's house, the more I want to haul. So, I have decided this plan to keep my life in shape and in focus. Each month, I will post my monthly plan. I hope to complete all my October goals so by Halloween, I know what I need to accomplish in Novermber. Here is what I aim to do for the rest of this month:

October Plan:
-Apply to more internships/jobs online.
- Organize my very own mock interviews.
- Reconnect with friends and spend time with them outside of this house.
- Network with Smith College alumanae.
- Start my career by earning a committing job .
- Get more sleep.
- Research more on my companies of interests. (ie. Google, Mediabistro,etc.)
- Stay update with industry news in the media, entertainment, and technology industries.
- Continue writing my blog at least 5 times a week.

I will cross off the goals that I have accomplished by the end of October. Wish me good luck!

0 comments: