Dear Loyal Followers, Subscribers, and Friends:
I apologize for my sudden behavior, but I am going to take another break.
I said I was going to create up to two blog posts each week, but given my volunteer work, stress, and pressure to find a real job and source of income, I am going to need more time to straighten up my personal life.
I apologize for the short notice. I am very busy and I do not have the time or energy to write at this time. I do not know when I will come back, but it will be soon. I need to rediscover what I want out of life and why I am blogging in the first place and I can't do it without a clear mind and direction. My guest blog project will be postponed until further notice. In the meantime, enjoy your summer and have me in the back of your mind. I will return fresh and ready to take on the world. Wish me good luck on this task. Self-discovery, I say. I will keep you posted. Thx.
Leave your lovely comments below please. I want to be inspired! Connect with me on Twitter (@iChristina2010). Thx.
I've decided to group July and August together. We are in the middle of the summer and I want to take these last days of intense heat and sun to prepare for my fall plans. Here is what I will do within the next two months:
1. Take 1-2 days out of each week to myself to leave the house and go out and explore and have fun. Life is too short.
2. Actually study for the Driver's License Test and then take the writing exam in the fall.
3. Walk more, eat healthy.
4. Find a part-time, paying job before September 1st. At this point in my career, I do not care what I get, at least as I start saving money.
5. Be an indispensable worker in my career and as a volunteer worker.
6. Finish reading Seth Godin's "Linchpin, Are You Dispensable" book.
7. Build my portfolio and skills so that when I find my dream job down the road, I'll be ready. :)
8. Relearn my French skills.
9. Blog at least 2 times per week. Write more engaging blog posts!
Also, will Shannon and Nickelnm contact me? You showed interest in guest blogging, but have responded back to me. I need to know your plans before Monday, July 12th. Thanks.
Lets review what I accomplished last month.
4. Look for a paid, part-time internship.
5. Build my resume and skills with the volunteer opportunity I already have.
6. Build my French and Japanese language skills.
7. Lose between 5 to 10 pounds.
8. Study for Driver's License Test.
Finally, Picture of the Week! I want to wear this one day. The French know how to design!
I am a self-proclaimed popular culture junkie. Not the most pretentious type, but I know my way around the TV or movie screen. I do not know if I adore these five hot guys for their acting chops or for who they really are. Stop it right there. I don't! muhahaha. I have posted the hottest celebrity women (not in that way!) I would go lesbian for. Now it is time to celebrate the guys I would make out in front of you butt naked.
1. Joe Manganiello
Move over Anna Paquin. You are not going to get my dark and handsome man. He is mine! I have not seen One Tree Hill, so I do not know a whole lot about this sexy beast, but when I heard that he was going to portray Alcide Herveaux in the third season of True Blood, I knew I had to watch him. He has the perfect Mediterranean physique, a sweet yet devilish smile and my hands. I want to see his naked body on a platter now. Hurry up Alan Bell! I want to see some more skin! I forgot, he is also a sweet kindred soul. Ahhhhhhh.
Lady Mel: (cheerfully) Good afternoon folks. How is everyone doing?
Taylor: (Smiles) I am fantastic. We will start filming Breaking Dawn very soon and we can't wait.
Kristen: Yeah, we are doing great actually. So excited to promote this movie. (All three nod in agreement).
Lady Mel: Before we start, you all know that I am a straightforward, canining bitch, right?
Kristen, Taylor, and Robert union “Yes”.
Lady Mel: (In a slight posh accent): That’s very lovely to hear. I see you have all done your homework. (Returns to her accent). My first question goes to you, Taylor. A recent NYMag,com article predicted your profitability and success as a future male action hero. Where do you see yourself in 5 to 10 years in the entertainment industry?
Taylor: I don’t know. I am just enjoying the Twilight ride right now. I have a couple of other movie projects coming out next year, so lets see what happens.
LadyMel: I honestly hope you have a backup plan, dear. Take some more acting classes and you will do just fine.
Taylor (puzzled look on face):......
Lady Mel: So Kristen, darling. What is with your facial expressions lately? Smile more. Is Robert not giving you any lately?
Robert: (Angrily). Hey miss! That is none of your business! And stop with the pose English accent. Not even close.
Kristen: (In a calm voice): No, Robert. It’s fine. (Looks in LadyMel’s direction) LadyMel, I am a quiet person and on the red carpet, you won’t see a lot of vibrant, jubilant facial expressions from me. If you follow my career, you would have known.
LadyMel: (Smirks) Which comes to my next question. Why should your fans watch Eclipse? I found it lackluster myself. Why does Hollywood hired you three to do these parts when there is no good acting in these movies. I know you guys are getting well-paid and famous off of this franchise, but where is the substance? I know it is not entirely your fault. But overall, my opinion does not count. (Robert smirks). Your screaming teenage, thirty-year-old #TeamEdward, #TeamJacob twi-hard fans are the ones buying up this crap and making you millionaires. (Takes a moment and smokes a cigarette).
Robert: (raises voice slightly) People should watch Eclipse because its an action-pack adventure with drama, cool CGI battles between vampires and wevewolves, and a sentimental, romantic storyline like with Buffy, one of my favorite TV series. Everyone loves a romantic movie.
LadyMel: But not everyone loves predicable, wash-out movies like the Twilight movies. And please don’t compare Buffy the Vampire Slayer to your movies. I can see a similar thread in terms of Buffy’s romantic relationship with Angel and your character’s relationship with Bella, but Buffy can kick your sparkling vampire ass anywhere, anytime. Plus, Buffy had awesome one-liners. Your movies are as dead as your career after Twilight.
Kristen: (Angry) Lady Mel, seriously what is your problem? Your Twilight bashing, your attitude, your criticism is pissing me off. Why are we here?
LadyMel: (Calm) Taylor’s agent was a jackass for asking me to do this gig. Everyone knows about my personality. I guess you haven’t done your homework. If you think that all movie critics are nice, think again. Welcome to Hollywood! (Smokes the cigarette).
Kristen: (Angry) I think I had enough for the day. Fuck you! (Holds middle finger in air and storms out of room, Taylor walks out to comfort her.)
Lady Mel: I hope you get hold of Kristen before Taylor. I don’t want your Team Edward fans all hot and bothered when they hear that Taylor is dating Kristen or should I say (seductively) Bella. Wow, this sounds so like the movie. (Robert runs out of room with his middle finger up as well).
(Takes another puff of her cigarette) I love my job. :)
Related articles by Zemanta
- `Twilight' madness in LA, fans gather for premiere (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- 'Twilight: Eclipse' Sets Midnight Record For Ticket Sales (huffingtonpost.com)
- The Twilight Saga: Eclipse | Film review | Andrew Pulver (guardian.co.uk)
I have created some amazing guest blog posts and met some very cool bloggers along the way:
- The Tweetbag Wars, thanks Andhari!
- Wiser Today, thanks Elle!
- Happy iPad Day! Is Steve Jobs a God?, thanks Alex!
Here are the guildlines:
- In terms of the layout and type of post, do as you please. It can be a poem, a rant, opinion piece, movie or music review, a collage, a YouTube video, a drawing, or even an interview. Maybe you want to collaborate with moi? :)
- My blog highlights the latest entertainment, media, technology, fashion, politics, social media, and job hunting news. I would like your guest post to fall under at least one of these categories. But if you have an idea outside these categories, talk to me. We can make it happen.
- Images and introductions to your guest blogs are welcome.
- No word limit, but know the difference between a good blog post and the Bible!
Otherwise, I would like to know the applicants and their ideas as soon as possible, so I can work this project around my own blog schedule. I would like to post the first guest post before Friday of next week if not, by Monday, July 12th. Mondays-Fridays are the best times of the week to post imo. This will be followed by the other 1-2 guest blog posts within the next weeks in July. I am very excited! I have been thinking about this since April and now I can make this happen. If you are unsure with your ideas, please by all means look at my guest blog posts and others for inspiration! Can't wait to see what you guys will come up with!