Next Thursday is Thanksgiving and since I have days off next week, I will have time to spice things up around here with a week of good, stimulating content for you guys. Here is you should expect this week:
1. American Music Awards Review
2. Possible Guest Blog Post! :)
3. Harry Potter and the Deadly Hallows Review or Preview???
4. Thanksgiving Message
5. Another Lady Mel in the City post
Do you want me to cover something else? I appreciate your feedback. :)
Hi everyone! The one and only Lady Mel is here to give you the latest in my awesome world. Lets get down to business!
@iHeartChina- LadyMel, I know this is old news, but did you vote in the 2010 midterm elections and which party did you vote 4?
China, would you be pissed if I did not vote this year? Ya, I was filming an commercial for my new shoe line in Hong Kong that day. It was not worth the effort or time really. When I am confident about the economy, and the direction of this country, then I will.
@PrinceAndrew482 - Gerard Butler's birthday is today. U attending his many b-day parties?
I will be attending a couple tonight in LA. Gerard is a good friend of mine. We met months before his "Law Abriding Citizen" film came out. Just friends. Never dated him. Not his female toddy. But he is a nice piece of ass though. ;]
@Kicca_Dane- What is wrong with Kanye West? The "Today Show" appearance ftl.
I honestly do not know. Mommy issues? Egotistical Douchebag Syndrome ? He is just a waste of time for me. Next.
Before I leave for the week, I want to thank Randomista for presenting me with this: the IDGAF Blog Award. I want everyone to check out here blog. She is amazing. IDGAF, if you don't know by now means, "I Don't Give a F$$$." And what the negativity around me at times, I don't give a F$$$$ about them. It's all about me. Picture of the Week personified. Have a nice weekend everyone!
From 8:00pm to 4:00am this morning, I was busy watching the CNN, FOX, MSNBC, and CNBC coverage of the 2010 U.S midterms elections. My views challenged, swaying back and forth like a loose track because I kept whipping my hair like Willow Smith! I personally think that there are some lessons that can be learned from the politics that everyone can learn from, including President Obama.
1. If the government wants to recreate jobs, stop corporations from shipping them overseas first.
2. Bipartisanship is the Democrats and Republicans new friend! Don't forgot it.Republicans, you have knocked down Democratic incumbents and have taken the House of Representatives. If you don't want to be called "The Party of No", start working with the Democrats. You did not sway independents and Reagan Democrats for nothing. You got the votes, now listen to the American people.
3. The government has to regain the trust of the Americans who did not vote in yesterday's elections because this future shift in power includes every American people when creating new laws and policies. Some people have been so fed up with the partisan bickering on Washington for so long that they have lost faith in the "democratic" process. (Note: I personally don't think the U.S is not a true democracy yet. We are slowly getting there, but we have not reach our true potential.) If Washington does not want this country to get into a second Great Depression or does not want the Democrat or Republican party to lose party members in 2012, now is the time to have everyone aboard.
4. The people have spoken, but will the two political parties listen to the average Joe or continue to rally with special interest groups and lobbyists?
5. The American people will now need to keep the government on its toes. Read and research. They must know what really is going on on the local level, the state level, and the national level. If they want their voices heard like in this past elections, you have to continue challenging your elective officials. Don't just sit back and wait for the government to fix Medicaid or the educational system. Action, not inaction.
What are your thoughts on the election results? What do you think about the current U.S political system?