I apologize for not posting anything yesterday. I was celebrating my birthday with a close friend in the Big Apple! We spend several hours at David and Busters and shopping around Times Square yesterday! It was fun, but then I realized that you need $$ to buy things in NYC, which I did not have a lot of. This experience has motivated me to find a part-time, paying job!
On Tuesday, my department treated me to lunch at iHop and on Wednesday, my sister and I saw "Sex and the City 2" and "Get Him to the Greek" for my birthday. All interesting movies in their own special and unique way, but I will say is that P.Diddy in the latter movie was unfunny and condescending and Jonah Hill looks like a fat guinea pig. Overall, I celebrated my birthday went quite well and I hope to be more open-minded and fearless next year.
Last Sunday, I saw the 2010 MTV Movies Awards and I was quite disappointed. None of my predictions came true. The Twilight franchise took five awards: Best Kiss, Best Male Performance, Best Movie, Best Female Performance, and Global Superstar. I think I have had it with Twilight. I have seen the first two movies. There were less than average movies. The voting influence and power of teenie boopers and middle aged women these days is frightening to my ears. Twilight has made the MTV Movies Award a joke at a time when MTV has become a joke. Surprisingly, Ellipse is coming out on June 30th and I am not look forward to watching it.
However, I am looking forward to the third season of True Blood on HBO tomorrow night! I AM SO EXCITED and here is why:
- John Manganiello's Alicide is one hot sex on a stick. Jacob who?
- This season premieres four days after my birthday. Late birthday present!
- The show is bringing "sexy werewolves back" on the show, unlike Underworld, The Vampire Diaries and Twilight. Alicide is probably the sexiest one of them all.
- The growing sexual tension between Sookie and Eric. I want hot make-out scenes.
- A possible love quadrangle between Sookie, Alicide, Bill, and Eric?
- The actors on the show have amazing chemistry together and are trained professionals. For instance, Anna Paquin is an Academy award-winning actress, while Rutina Wesley went to Juilliard.
- The show is unpredictable, despite the typical love story. Remember, Maryann's dark influence over Bon Temp in season 2? She was one crazy bitch...