A month ago, I said that I would get into the new CW series, "The Vampire Diaries". And I did. So far the series is awesome. I do not want to give away the whole storyline, which is based on the hit book series, but it circles around two feuding vampire brothers in love with the same teenage girl. Here is why I love the TV series:
1. The actors can truly act. No offense Twilight but Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, and Taylor Lautner cannot act at all.
2. Paul Wesley is a much hotter male lead than Robert Pattinson.
3. There aren't any sparkling vampires.
4. Nina Dobrev, who stars as the female protagonist in the TV adaptation, is not your usual whinny, hopeless, passive female archetype. She has guts, she's practical, and she stands up for herself, despite not possessing vampire or supernatural powers.
5. The Vampire Diaries, unlike Twilight, is so underrated and I like it that way. Less screaming died hard fans.
If you want to check out the TV series online, click here. Enjoy!