2009 American Music Awards Preview

Posted by Lady Mel On Sunday, November 15, 2009 1 comments

Ok, I admit it. I do not watch the AMA awards at all. I am more of a Grammys, MTV VMAs type of girl. I usually perceive it as a two to three hour worthless piece of crap. But, I've heard on Youtube's The Skorpion Show (shoutout to Kevin and Makael!) that this year's AMA Awards is going to be amazing!




"Amazing" is not even a word to describe it. It will be extraordinarily fabulous! Janet Jackson is going to open up the show with an eight-minute, highly- anticipated performance. Eight minutes! Yes, feel the adrenaline  rushing though your veins! This is J.A.N.E.T J.A.C.K.S.O.N. Pop royalty at its finest. I know she is going to tribute this performance to her fans and audience in remembrance of her older brother, the King of Pop. I know it will be spectacular. Maybe she might bring us to her "Rhythm Nations" days. You never know. This is the eight minutes that she deserves after all she has been going through these past couple of years.

However, Janet is not the only artist that will be performing on this wonderful night. Rihanna, Carrie Underwood, a Alicia Keys and Jay Z debut!, Lady Gaga, Shakira, Whitney Houston, the Black Eyed Peas, Green Day, and Taylor Swift are just some of the biggest names that will be showcasing their talent and music on stage. If Lady Gaga is going to perform, I will watch. She's the new it-girl in town.



Can you believe it?! Whitney Houston, after her drug episodes with her crackhead ex-husband Bobby Brown is going to return to her singing roots?! I am glad she is making a comeback. I hope she shows the Keri Hilson, Rihanna, and Britney Spears fans what is a diva is!  Rihanna is also going to perform after recovering from her public, abusive relationship with R&B singer Chris Brown. She will probably sing "Russian Roulette" or her other singles from her new album. I just hope that with her months of seclusion, Rihanna knows how to perform because honestly she always come across to me as this pretty face without the performing flare. Make it work, Rhianna.

This will be probably be the awards show of the year to end a year of tragedy, musical hits, and drama in the music industry. That is why I've decided to get more involved with writing material about these big award shows this season. By next Sunday or Monday of next week, my full review of the show will be posted on this blog. I hope I see a freshness and a passion in each and every performance. Otherwise, I am going to talk about that artist until there is nothing left to talk about. The 37th Annual American Music Awards is next Sunday, November 22nd at 8pm EST on ABC. Find out about this year's nominees are here. Be ready.

1 comments:

Kittie Howard said...

Lady Gaga will perform, hmmmm! I have hopes Whitney's voice will hold, that she won't allow the lights to diminish her dynamite stage presence...her voice is one for the ages, beautiful! And nice commentary, well done.