Hope everyone had an excellent Thanksgiving Weekend. I know I did. Today I want to give you an update about my career process. As of now, I am still unemployed. I did not get into Google as I mentioned last month, but that is alright. My mission is still to find a job or internship within the online media industry, even if this economy sucks. Last Wednesday, I applied to AOL's online editorial internship so I hope I hear something from AOL-Time Warner within the next two to three weeks. If I don't, I am just going to find a seasonal, retail job in the meanwhile to help pay my loans back and get back on my foot.
In my Real Time, Set in Motion post in mid October, I talked about accomplishing some tasks before the month was over. Lets see if I actually accomplished those things.
- Find a job, whether it is a seasonal or permanent job.
- See if I can take winter or spring classes at a local college to boost my resume.
- Network with Smith College alumnae.
- Get more sleep.
- Buy something for mom for Christmas.
- Save more money.
- Stay the eternal optimist that I am.
- Go out and enjoy myself this New Year's.