End of Year Planning

Posted by Lady Mel On Monday, November 30, 2009 0 comments

Hope everyone had an excellent Thanksgiving Weekend. I know I did. Today I want to give you an update about my career process. As of now, I am still unemployed. I did not get into Google as I mentioned last month, but that is alright. My mission is still to find a job or internship within the online media industry, even if this economy sucks. Last Wednesday, I applied to AOL's online editorial internship so I hope I hear something from AOL-Time Warner within the next two to three weeks. If I don't, I am just going to find a seasonal, retail job in the meanwhile to help pay my loans back and get back on my foot.

In my Real Time, Set in Motion post in mid October, I talked about accomplishing some tasks before the month was over. Lets see if I actually accomplished those things.

October Plan
-Apply to more internships/jobs online.
-Organize my own mock interviews.
-Reconnect with friends and spend time with them outside this house.
-Network with Smith Alumanae.
-Start my career by earning a commiting job.
-Get more sleep.
-Research more on my companies of interests.
- Stay update with industry news in the media, entertainment, and technology industries.
-Continue writing my blog at least 5 times a week.

So you see that I have done something productive. I may not have a job yet but I am researching and going online to get updates on my companies and industries of interests. It is best to be prepared and aware of the news before applying to any jobs. I also hanged with a good middle-school job in late October at the mall so that is a very good step in the direction. I know what I have to do. Here is what I aim to do within the next thirty days:

December Plan
  • Find a job, whether it is a seasonal or permanent job.
  • See if I can take winter or spring classes at a local college to boost my resume.
  • Network with Smith College alumnae.
  • Get more sleep.
  • Buy something for mom for Christmas.
  • Save more money.
  • Stay the eternal optimist that I am.
  • Go out and enjoy myself this New Year's.
What do you plan to do by the end of this year?

0 comments: