The Future on the War on Terrorism

Posted by Lady Mel On Wednesday, December 2, 2009 0 comments

Last night, I was one of those eagered Americans to watch President Obama speak in front of over 4,000 extremely talented West Point undergraduates on CNN. His announcement of positioning 30,000 more American troops into Afghanistan puzzled me. During his presidential campaign last year, he promised to bring the troops home as soon as he was elected into office. Now that he is our president, I guess President Obama has matured and now comprehends that the issue at hand was not as transparent as he thought.

I personally feel that as an American, the victims and the heroes, who risked their own lives to save others during the 9/11 terrorist attacks, should not be forgotten. I am a fighter but a person of peace. If war is one of the only ways to stop the 9/11 masterminds from attacking the United States, so let it be. However, I feel that under President Bush's leadership, we have been deluded from the real war in Afghanistan. Eight years later, we are now thinking about the real war, not Iraq. Although, I think President Obama has changed his foreign policy on the war on terrorism, I am still optimistic that he will successfully bring our troops back home within the next eighteen months.

 What do you think about his deliberated decision? If you were president, what would have you done differently?


0 comments: