Hello everyone. This week is special. This week marks my 1st anniversary revival of this blog, but we will get to that a little later this week. This week also highlights the zenith of my unemployment days. It's almost fall. Kids are going back to school. Ambitious individuals are heading back to college or starting their careers at graduate school. I, for the other hand will probably start a new industrious life in the next 3 weeks....as a part-time paying employee at a retail store. I am in between interviews and anticipated phone calls at the moment.
My long hours of YouTube viewing, Hulu-watching, WoW playing are almost over. Within the next month, I will be working long hours like the rest of you guys out there making a living. Today marks this new beginning and I want to start this fall with a fresh schedule, outlook on life and several objectives to accomplish. Here they are:
September and October Goals
1. Reconnect with Smith College Alum Clubs in NYC and NJ and attend their networking events.
2. Blog up to 2 days per week.
2. Get the interview, grab the audience, be the awesome person that you are, and win.
3. Start saving money so I can leave this house by next May (ultimate goal).
4. Network and meet new people at my new part-time job (When I get the green light).
5. Continue reading Seth Godin's book and other inspirational books.
6. Take 1-2 days out of each week to myself to leave the house and go out and explore and have fun. Life is too short.
July and August Goals
2. Actually study for the Driver's License Test and then take the writing exam in the fall.
3. Walk more, eat healthy.
4. Find a part-time, paying job before September 1st. At this point in my career, I do not care what I get, at least as I start saving money.
5. Be an indispensable worker in my career and as a volunteer worker.
6. Finish reading Seth Godin's "Linchpin, Are You Dispensable" book.
8. Relearn my French skills.
9. Blog at least 2 times per week. Write more engaging blog posts!
I have been slipping these last 2 months! Oh well, not the end of the world.
What are your fall plans or plans for the rest of the year. Hows the job market for you? Looking for a new job or career path? What do you like your current position?