First and foremost, I want to thank Lady Gaga for sweeping the award shows with 8 awards including Video of the Year! I love the name of her next album, "Born This Way", her outfits especially this late Alexander McQueen ensemble from his last collection and her ten second ballad of her "Born This Way" single. I want to know why MTV did not allow her to perform. I would trade this show for a two-hour Lady Gaga performance in a heartbeat. Usher and Florence and the Machines had the best performances of the night.
If I have not mentioned any one else, you either sucked and were extremely boring to watch. My worst critiques:
- I love Chelsea Handler but as a VMAs host, she does not work for me. There were few laughs coming my way and I think at the beginning of the show, she seemed very nervous.
- Taylor Swift looked like a 30 year old woman with heavy makeup on stage. I wished Kanye West had interrupted her again. It would have been more entertaining. Was she playing the guitar?
- Rihanna looked like a ginger hot tranny mess with no singing talent. Eminem and Rihanna do not make a good music collaboration.
- Ciara gave a very random and weak thirty second performance.
- Justin Bieber lip-synced.
I had high hopes for this year's ceremony, but it was as stale as bread. And it is disappointing because I can't trust MTV to provide me with the best music video experience anymore. If I had to rate this show, I would give it a 5/10 and that is because Lady Gaga was there. If she was nominated but did not show up, I would not have watched it. Way to go MTV.
What do you think about this VMAs? What could have been better about it?